123D Catch app for iPhone and iPad
Use your camera to capture the people, places and things around you as amazingly realistic 3D experiences. Capture friends, sculptures, buildings or anything else you can photograph. Automatically transform them into interactive 3D models that can be shared with friends, family, and an ever growing community of 3D photographers.
Please note that in-app-purchases are not necessary any more.
• Turn your photos into realistic 3D models by taking a series of photographs from different angles.
• Be guided through the process of capturing all angles of your subject with the Integrated Photo Compass.
• Capture 3D portraits of your friends, museum displays, architecture, plants, cats or anything else you can photograph.
• Share your captures with friends through Twitter, Facebook, Email and SMS.
• Showcase your work and follow other amazing 3D photographers from around the world through the in-app gallery.
• Store your captured objects in the cloud to access them from all your devices.
• Use the 123D Catch web app for healing and 3D printing your captures in a web browser! (123d.autodesk.com/catch)
• Export 3D models in a variety of formats from the 123D online community for use in other 3D tools and projects.
• Works on your iPad/iPhone & iPod Touch.
Find out more at 123d.autodesk.com/catch.
Pros and cons of 123D Catch app for iPhone and iPad
123D Catch app good for
Great Autodesk initiative. This app is a dream for those who are passionate about 3D engineering.
Well done. Both the app and the server response time. My first attempt was a disaster but I knew it would be. You will need very good lighting, a tripod and no glare or glossy surfaces. If you can, try to keep the camera stationary and revolve the object. Cant wait to shoot again, maybe in direct sunlight.
Please make it available for iPhone as well! Doesnt work too well on iPad 2 because the camera on it creates too much noise in the image.
Most people are not going to realize how revolutionary this app is.
I hope to see the the following improvements:
Utilize the front facing cameras for self portraits.
Cross-eyed stereo interface.
Multi mesh algorithms and combined sessions (until then recommend avoiding 360 degrees scans for best results).
Higher res bitmap projections.
Higher res meshes.
Export to ACAD and 3DS.
Multi device captures.
Thank you AutoDesk for great job, must have been a lot of work and must have required a lot of smarts.
Cool app. Really impressed with the results Ive been getting. The community function is lacking in functionality and community. You cant manage or modify details of your uploaded models. If the community had a bit more interaction and wasnt merely a database of files this app could really be something.
By far this is the best To-3D conversion app!
However I would like to see in a near future:
- The ability to edit our models
- The ability to export the models to a major 3D drawing software like 3D Max, Blender, etc....
- The ability to export as STL for 3D printing!
Once again great job!
And please add those features!
Some bad moments
I was waiting for such an application forever! Great to finally have it - and on the IPad! Unfortunately it hardly ever works. When it does it is stunning. But don t count on it. And if you want to show your friends do not expect there to be a result the same day. Give it a week for the "photonic upload" and processing ... Often it does not work at all.
i have been using catch123 in various forms, on my pc, on mac via the webfrontend and also on my iphone with this app. performance is quiet good if you have a quick internetconnection to upload the images quick in high resolution, processing is also rapid if you compare it to agisoft. but since a week it is impossible to log in and find your own models?!?! So could please anyone at Autodesk fix this issue? It isnt even possible to upgrade to Pro, because catch cannot connect to the servers... incredible... so guys, i would really spend money but i cannot. sorry for you autodesk.
I was already disappointed because it didnt work with iOS 8 (iPhone 5s and iPad Air 2) and it still doesnt work with iOS 9. The images are uploaded and processed, but then it freezes at "Thinking some more" and nothing else happens
This app is only in japanese, (installed from german itunes account).
Doesnt work very well, also the fact I have to sign in for it to work is lame
Nice interface and easy to use but crash most of the time when transmitting ( go on pause and stay there forever), I cant have any result with this version.